Read the release documentation for the current release here or visit the release notes history which all contain a lot of detailed info and examples. The following references should help you to get a feel of what is possible with WatiN. See the support page for other options to get or find information about using WatiN.
- Getting started [video]
This video shows a basic scenario; searching Google and how to automate this with WatiN. It also shows how the IE Developer Toolbar can help you with your automation tasks.
- WatiN, Internet Explorer and Thread.Apartmentstate
This article explains the why and how about setting the ApartmentState of a Thread to single treaded apartment (STA). This is required when running your test with Internet Explorer. It also shows you how to do this when using WatiN with NUnit, MBUnit, MSTest, TestDriven.Net, Fitnesse or SharpDevelop.
- Setting up firefox
This shows you how to install the correct jssh plugin in FireFox. This plugin is used so WatiN can automate FireFox.
- Attaching to an existing browser instance
An explanation about how to attach to a browser instance and how to do this in a browser agnostic way.
- Structure your tests using the Page pattern
When you create tests for a moderate to large website you quickly need a way to structure your test code. The Page pattern, natively supported by WatiN, does just that.
- Structure your tests using the Control pattern
Do you have some complex widget on your website? This article shows you how to wrap this in a control so you can easily reuse it in your tests.
- Testing Asynchronous AJAX Calls
WatiN handles waiting for full page postbacks out of the box, but not so for ajax calls. These days websites are using more and more ajax for a better user experience. If your website uses ajax then this article will show you some techniques to wait for ajax calls so you don’t have Thread.Sleep() all over the place.
- MSDN style online documentation
This is the online version of the help file available in the distribution. It also does contain some code examples to get you started.
- Mapping table
This is a list showing with the mappings between DOM elements and WatiN elements.
- Frequently Asked Questions
A list of frequently asked questions about WatiN.
- WatiN 2.1 (released on 12 April 2011)
- WatiN 2.0 Final (released on 8 February 2011)
- WatiN 2.0 RC 1 (released on 20 December 2009)
- WatiN 2.0 beta 1 (released on 30 March 2009)
- WatiN 2.0 CTP 3 (released on 11 Februari 2009)
- WatiN 2.0 CTP 2 (released on 15 Januari 2009)
- WatiN 126.96.36.19900 (released on 14 October 2008)
- WatiN 2.0 CTP (released on 12 March 2008)
- WatiN 188.8.131.5200 (released on 23 October 2007)
- WatiN 184.108.40.20600 (released on 4 October 2007)
- WatiN 220.127.116.1100 (released on 16 May 2007)
- WatiN 18.104.22.16800 (released on 15 May 2007)
- WatiN 22.214.171.12400 (released on 2 May 2007)
- WatiN 126.96.36.19900 (released on 1 March 2007)
- WatiN 0.9.5.4000 (released on 31 December 2006)
- WatiN 0.9.0.4000 (released on 31 October 2006)
- WatiN 0.8.0.4000 (released on 31 August 2006)
- WatiN 0.7.0.4000 (released on 8 July 2006)
- WatiN 0.6.0.3000 (released on 31 May 2006)